Here are some steps to save money every single day. Follow these steps to save over $4,000 a year!
Getting rid of debt is of importance to everyone, but many fail to realize that the ultimate goal is to stay that way! Did you know that the favorite customers for credit card companies are people who just filed for bankruptcy? These consumers have the same type of spending habits. They feel like they have a fresh new start and can learn to use credit more responsibility. The truth of the matter is that no matter how much money you make, learning how to cut unnecessary expenses as key in remaining debt free. Exercise these money saving skills below to see how you can save over $4,000/year!
1. Wash your car at Home- Car washes cost about an average of $15. If you get your car wash once a month, you’re looking at $180/year!
2. Add more time between haircuts- I know we all want to look sharp, but I’m sure you can go 1 week without getting a cut. If you get your haircut every 2 weeks, make it a habit to go every 3 weeks. Instead of going 26x a year, you’ll go 17x a year. Savings: $180/year!
3. Say goodbye to Dunkin Donuts & Starbucks — 1 pound of store bought coffee makes about 240 cups. It will cost you about $8. If you drink coffee 5x/week and always go to a coffee chain, you’re spending atleast $10/week which is $520/year. Savings: $480/year!
4. If you haven’t already, combine your family’s cell phone plans. You can expect to see atleast a $30 savings per month with most carriers. Savings: $360/year!
5. Pack your lunches — Every time you go out to eat lunch you’re bound to spend atleast $7.00. In the course of a year, that will cost you over $1,800! Making a sandwich from home will cost you about $1.50/day. Savings: $1,445/year!
6. No more premium cable channels — I know we all love to sit back and home and enjoy watching movies. I’m not against this. We all deserve to have a little fun after a long day. Premium cables (HBO, Showtime, Etc) costs you over $35/month. You can sign up for Netflix and rent movies online for about $15/month. Total Savings: $240/year!
7. The Piggy Bank isn’t just for kids — Go to Wal Mart and buy yourself a piggy bank. Start saving your change every day and put it into your piggy bank. No more carrying loose change and losing it. The average household can save about $20/month in change! Total Savings: $240/month
8. Quit Smoking- If we assume that a pack of cigarettes costs an average of $6/pack, and a typical smoker smokes a pack every 2 days, they are spending $1,100 a year just on cigarettes! So quit smoking, it stinks anyways! Total Savings: $1,100/year!